Leanne, Ryland, Kaitlin, Jeff & Maryn

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thought I'd drop in for an update...






Here are a couple updated pics of us and the kids. The first picture is my dad and Jeff in Vegas. The second, me enjoying a martini in Vegas. The third, my dad and stepmom in Vegas. Of the kid pics, the first one is my niece, Ashley, Kaitlin & Maryn. The second picture is my happy little guy, Ryland.

We are almost back to normal! At the beginning of the year, I went back to work full time and am enjoying the heck out of it. I'm working two 26-hr shifts each week and love it. I don't love being so tired all of the time, but it's very nice to be back in the swing of things.

Jeff and I were lucky enough to enjoy a Mommy & Daddy get-away to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding. Jeff's parents came down to watch the kids for a few days, and Jeff and I drove to Vegas. It was so amazing! We stayed up every night until 2 or 3am, Jeff taught me how to play Blackjack (not to count to 21, but the strategy part...LOL!), and most of all, we got to hang out with our family. We really had such a great time...it reminded us why we liked each other in the first place. I guess when you get caught up in the daily grind of work and parenthood, it's easy to forget what makes you such a good team. It was nice to not have to worry about changing diapers, getting the kids fed, or making sure naptime is included in the daily routine. Jeff's parents told us that they'd be willing to come down and watch the kids a couple times a year, so I'm thinking this is the beginning of a new tradition!

Maryn and Ryland are doing well. They are getting big and are developing such wonderful little personalities! Maryn is quite a chatter-box and loves to sing. She's a bit of a parrot, so we really have to watch what we say now. I was making dinner tonight and cut into an egg roll to put on her plate. I realized that the middle of the egg roll was still frozen, but all of the other dinner items were done and hot, and I said "oh crap". For the next few minutes, I was reminded over and over again that I need to watch my expressions! She's a silly one, that Maryn.

Ryland is now the proud owner of two little bottom teeth. He is crawling and pulling up like crazy, and manages to find EVERYTHING on the floor. It quickly goes into his mouth, so we have to watch him pretty closely. He is still a smiley little man - such an incredible disposition. He giggles all the time, and he and Maryn are a crack-up together. She's so sweet to him and includes him in her pretend dinner parties with her little babies. He creeps along the furniture - I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he is walking. We have reconstructed baby jail in our living room to keep him contained now too.

That's the latest in the Lusk household. We're keeping busy! I am still going in to the Oncologist's office every three weeks to get my Herceptin infusion. I tend to get a bit groggy after the infusion, but it really is a piece of cake overall. I have been taking the Arimidex and haven't had any negative side effects. I still have a few hot flashes, but it really isn't bad. I'd say the best part about being ovary-free is that I won't ever have another period again. Woohoo!! I also am trying to get myself back into running. It's amazing how tough it is, and how winded I get. I used to be able to run for miles with no problem. I took the kids out in the jog stroller on Sunday night for four miles. I think I only made it a half mile before I had to walk for a little bit. Slowly I will get back to normal...I just have to be patient. I have a snowboarding trip planned for March with my cousin and her family, my mom, and my aunt & uncle, so I'm hoping to at least be able to last a half day on the mountain. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll be hobbling around as I try to get back into some kind of shape. =)

Hope you all are doing well!

Love,
Leanne

2 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! You have some exciting things planned. Glad you are doing better and have your energy back to do the things you love. That is too funny about Maryn repeating you! Sofia heard DH say "G** Damn it" and now she says is CONSTANTLY! It is kind of funny to hear a 2 year old say it with such enthusiasm! We are working on getting that stopped. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well and you got to enjoy "sin city"...any news on transfer season, yet? We're staying in NH for a few more years (yay!) so you have some friends in New England if you get the Boston billets. Let us know! Take care and keep the updates coming, Jenn & the boys